Last week, I was invited by Innovative PR to attend the FounderMade Consumer Discovery Show in Santa Monica. FounderMade is a platform dedicated to helping new brands build their business by introducing them to investors, buyers, press, and influencers.
What’s FounderMade Consumer Discovery Show
FounderMade helps curate and scale the best-in-class consumer businesses by providing them with direct access to highly sought out retailers, distributors, investors, corporate partners, press, and influencers. With exhibitions in New York and Los Angeles, FounderMade helps people discover new brands that will improve their lives and the stories behind them.
Consumer Discovery Show (CDS)
Three things come to mind when I think of the CDS summit in LA:
- CBD Oil,
- Natural, and
Everyone wanted to know more about CBD oil products. All the new products had these two things in common: natural and cruelty-free.
Why Attend: Discover New and Innovative Brands
Consumer Discovery Show is an opportunity to connect with brands offline. Influencers can discover new products to share with their audience but also network with emerging brands. It’s a first-hand opportunity to educate yourself on new brands and products. I got to learn more about CBD Oil, collagen products and the importance of aluminum-free deodorant.
What to Expect at FounderMade Consumer Discovery Show
Tons of exhibits (see more below). Also, there were six-panel discussions and keynote speakers taking place throughout the day. This year’s LA panelists included the following founders, executives, and influencers: Christopher Gavigan (Co-Founder, CPO of The Honest Company), Lo Bosworth (Founder of Love Wellness Co.), Hayden Slater (Founder, CEO of Pressed Juicery), Rosie O’Neill (Co-Founder, CCO of Sugarfina), and Jason Widener (VP of New Store Development at Erewhon). The hottest topic: The Future of Cannabis.
There was a food truck with yummy and healthy food. Not to mention, all the fantastic food/beverage brands that keep the attendees feed and hydrated throughout the day like complimentary fresh coconuts by Kopari Beauty (promoting their new aluminum-free deodorant), artisanal ice cream inspired by travels by Wanderlust Creamery (I’m still daydreaming of the Sakura ice cream bar), selfie cookies from Selffee, and tea with foraged herbs from Fruitstitute. There was tons of fun activity that the attendees could participate in like a mini manicure from GlamSquad, detoxing armpit facial by Kopari Beauty, Cryo facials from CryoZone, and B12 shots from The Hydration Room.
The Exhibits: Some of the fun new products at the summit
- VOLO – the world’s first cordless hairdryer
- Love Sun Body – 1oo% green, safe and effective sunscreen for babies and adults
- CLE – minimalist cosmetics and skincare like a blush that doubles as an eyeshadow. I love the Melting Cleanser (a makeup remover + mild cleanser), which was a gift I received at the event.
- Dear Dahlia – cruelty-free makeup but it’s also infused with anti-aging Dahlia flower extract with the chicest marble packaging.
- Stacked Skincare – professional-grade at-home treatments including micro-roller and derma tools.
- Moms & Babes Box – a subscription box with six full products to be split between the new mom and the baby.
CBD Oil / Wellness
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a compound found in cannabis (legally found in hemp below .3%THC) that has significant medical benefits, but does not have the psychoactive effects, and can actually counteract the effects of THC.
- Plus CBD Oil – CBD Hemp Oil leading wholesaler.
- Yuyo Botanics – Hemp + Botanicals company that all about CBD education
- Shanti Wellness – CBD + Herbal Remedies + Adaptogens products
- CW Hemp – whole-plant organic hemp + CBD extract oils
- Laki Naturals – nutrient and mineral-rich body care from Hawaii
- Type A – safer, non-toxic aluminum-free deodorant
- Nutrafol – 100% drug-free hair growth product
New Yummy Finds
- Lifeway – Into Kefir before it became trendy. At the event, I tried the new Organic SKYR (14-probiotic yogurt with 18g of protein). It is a delicious whole milk yogurt that is 99% lactose-free.
- Navitas Organics – Organic + Plant-based + Superfoods
- This Bar Saves Lives – Isn’t it great that every time you buy this delicious snack, you help fight childhood malnutrition?
- Daiya Foods – dairy alternative food company serving comfort food.
- gac – drinkable beauty juice made from a superfruit with 90 different healing compounds.
But don’t worry if you missed this exhibit. The next show in Los Angeles on October 26, 2019.
Thank you, Innovative PR, for this consumer discovery experience. I not only loved learning about new beauty products and wellness trends but enjoyed meeting the people behind the brand. Please let me know if there are any products that you want to hear more about.
Click here to find out what else is happening in Los Angeles.