Ask Siri, what are the best foods to grill? It will tell you chicken wings, steak, corn on the cob, and ribs. But did you know they are tons of fun and delicious Vegan Grilling Recipes other than corn on the cob? They are super easy recipes. So, you are looking for new recipes to try this summer, check these out as well as grilling tools. Do tell someone you know is either vegan, dairy-free, meat-free, or vegetarian about these recipes!
Fun Fact: What is the difference between grilling and BBQ? HEAT: The difference between Grilling and BBQ is the amount of heat involved. ︎ Grilling is a high, direct heat method. High temperatures from either a gas grill or charcoal. BBQ is a low and slow, indirect heat cooking method.
Fun Fact: “Barbecue” is the traditional and correct spelling, whereas “barbeque” is just a confusion created by the “BBQ” abbreviation.
But first, Vegan Grilling Tools
Original Wood Pellet Grill is the newest grill, which is convection-based and comes with a WiFi capabilities for easy control directly from your smartphone. It’s easy to clean.
Original Kettle Charcoal Grill is the classic grill with aluminum dampers that helps control the temperature inside the grill.
These are the BBQ tools and accessories that you will need to become a master of the grill.
- Grilling Sets.
- Specialty Grilling Utensils.
- Grill Tongs.
- Grill Spatulas.
- Basting Brushes.
The Vegan Grilling Recipes
01.Tofu Recipes: Barbecue Tofu
- 1 package
extra-firm tofu, drained
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (or any BBQ sauce of choice)
- Wrap tofu in a clean towel and weight it with something heavy to drain out the water.
- Cut the tofu into 6 pieces.
- Pour sauce over the tofu, turning to coat, and then chill.
- Place the tofu to the grill. Cook the tofu until well browned.
- Transfer tofu to a platter and serve.
02. Veggie Grilling Recipes: Cauliflower Steak
- 2 large heads cauliflower
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 limes – juiced
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Cut the cauliflower into 4 thick – flat "steaks."
- Whisk the remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Brush one side of each cauliflower steak with the mixture. Place the seasoned side down on the grill. Then brush the tops with the mixture.
- Cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Flip the cauliflower. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until done to your desired texture.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve with lime wedges on the side.
03. Vegan Grilling Recipes: Veggie Kebabs
- 8 bamboo skewers
- 2 2 zucchinis, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 2 yellow squash, cut into 1-inch slices
- ½ pd fresh mushrooms
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 1 small eggplant, cut into chunks
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp dried basil
- ¾ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- Soak skewers in water then thread vegetable slices onto the skewers.
- Combine the spices in a bowl; then brush mixture over vegetables.
- Cook skewers on a pre-heated grill until vegetables are tender, turning and basting vegetables with mixture occasionally.
- Place on a platter.
04. Vegan Dessert Recipes: Grilled Apples
- 3 large apples
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- cinnamon to drizzle
- Slice the apples into medium-thick slices.
- Brush the oil on both sides of the apple.
- Once the grill is hot, place apples on the grill for approximately 5 minutes per side, or until grill marks appear turning and basting the apples with the oil occasionally. When the grill marks appear, the apples should be done.
- Drizzle with cinnamon
05. Vegan Grilling Recipes: Easy Babaganoush
- 2 2 small eggplant,
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup sesame tahini
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley
Which recipe will you choose to grill next?
This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for the full disclosure statement.