Please note: Majority of the events on Top 10 Things to do in LA in March have been canceled due to COVID-19. Stay healthy and safe!
Hello March! Hello Spring. March is a really exciting month. There are lots of holidays happening in March from International Women’s Day to Purim to St Patrick’s Day. It’s Women’s History Month, National Nutrition Month and March Madness. Most importantly, it is the beginning of spring, representing new beginnings. Here are my Top 10 Things to do in LA in March.
I will update the events section of Top 10 Things to Do in LA in March blog post throughout the month as fun events pop up.
Top 10 Things to Do in LA in March
Scroll to the event calendar for more detail.
01. Opening of Gucci Osteria da Massimo Bottura in LA on March 2nd
Gucci Osteria da Massimo Bottura occupies the rooftop of the Gucci store on Rodeo Drive serving up a selection of Italian dishes. The chef, Massimo Bottura, is a three-Michelin-star chef. The cozy restaurant has an incredible view and seats 50 people and sells unique Gucci items. If you love Gucci, you are going to love this new restaurant.
02. International Women’s Day in LA on March 8th
- International Women’s Day is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. On Liz in Los Angeles, we are celebrating this day blogger style by reading a Top Los Angeles Inspirational Blogger’s 5 Mantras to be a Fearless Femme in 2020.
- Misa Los Angeles (my favorite fashion brand) Pop Up at Westfield Century City is celebrating the day fashionably by donating 10% of its proceeds to the Downtown Women’s Center.
03. LA Marathon on March 8th
Los Angeles Marathon is one of the largest marathons in the country with more than 25, 000 participants. It’s fun to show up and support the runners. It’s not fun to get stuck on the wrong side of Wilshire! So read up on street closure before you head out next Sunday. Most streets closure for the race happen between 4 and 5 a.m., though stretches of Main Street and Ocean Avenue in Santa Monica will be closed to traffic at midnight. Streets will start to reopen between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
04. The Holiday of Purim in LA on March 10th
- Purim is a super fun Jewish holiday. Read about what Purim is and how to celebrate by baking hamentashen (Purim cookies) like taco hamentashen.
- Celebrate Purim with the Young Jew Professionals on March 9, 2020 (8:00 pm – 1:30 am) at Exchange LA. This Roaring 20s party will have megilla reading, live band and DJ, and a premium bar.
05. Bridal Expos: Great LA Wedding Weekend Bridal Expo on March 15th & Bride World Expo on March 22nd
It’s the preparation season for the wedding season. So tons of bridal expos coming your way! They got everything that a bride-to-be wants and needs to know before planning a wedding. These expos are something that a bride-to-be needs to know about but since I haven’t been to any of them, I can’t recommend one over another. Do your research before you go!.
06. Where to Celebrate St. Patrick Day’s in LA on March 17th
- Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with Flogging Molly: Flogging Molly is a 7-piece Irish-American Celtic punk band with a hard rock edge. Starting at noon on March 17, 2020, at the Hollywood Palladium, it is a free outdoor festival for ages 21 and up. There will also be Irish dancers, beer games, photo opportunities, food trucks, and more. The Flogging Molly show begins at 6 p.m.
- The St. Patrick’s Day Downtown LA Pub Crawl will take you bar-hopping as a group at several spots in Downtown Los Angeles. It takes place from 8:30 p.m. on March 13, 2020, until 2 a.m. the next day. Enjoy free express entries to up to four venues, drink discounts at the majority of the bars, group photos, and drinking games at some of the stops.
07. Persian New Year in LA on March 20th
The Persona new year is called Nourez. It’s celebrated on the first day of spring on March 20, 2020 (March 19th at 9 pm in Los Angeles). A traditional table setting known as Haft-Seen is often practiced in Iran on Nowruz. The Haft Seen includes wheat or lentil sprouts in a dish, Samanu (sweet wheat pudding), Senjed (dried Persian olives), apples, sumac berries, garlic, and vinegar. There are tons of celebrations happening in LA. Here’s a couple of celebrations:
- Ring in Nowruz with the Farhang Foundation on March 8th at UCLA with a day of activities, performances, music, and events for kids. There is a performance (Darya Dadvar) for $25 and up per ticket but the rest of the events are free. You can enjoy Persian-inspired cuisine.
- On March 22, 2020, enjoy a street style festival as the community comes together to celebrate the Nowruz in Persian Square (Westwood between Ohio and Wilkins Ave. in Westwood). The event features live music and booths from local vendors.
08. Vegan Street Fair in LA on March 21st and March 22nd
Vegan Street Fair is a vegan food celebration. Yes, vegan food fair. The best local vegan & vegan-friendly vendors come together to serve bite-size portions. If you are vegan, you don’t want to miss this foodie fair.
09. Topanga Vintage Market in LA on March 22nd
Topanga Vintage Market is one of the most popular Los Angeles flea markets. It is the best place to find vintage pieces. They have over 180 vintage vendors. This flea market happens every 4th Sunday of the month.
10. Los Angeles Fashion Week FW/20 March 2020 on March 26th – March 29th
The LA Fashion Week showcases the best collections from Los Angeles designers and around the world. I love supporting Los Angeles brands and hope to be there on opening night.
PIN THINGS TO DO IN LA
Goli is the world’s Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) gummies. The gummies taste so much better than ACV. The gummies are packed with antioxidants and vitamin B. Goli has definitely helped control my appetite. Use my promo code “lizz55” to get 5% off.
Daily Harvest is a subscription service that delivers pre-portioned cups of do-it-yourself frozen smoothies, soups, & breakfast bowls directly to your doorstep. It’s such of lifesaver now that I have to wake up at 5 am to get to work with no time to spare to prepare food. I love the Cacao + Avocado Smoothie since it tastes like Chocolate Pudding. Use code: LIZINLA to get 3 free bowls/smoothies.
Rachel Zoe’s Box of Style is a seasonal subscription box curated by stylist and designer Rachel Zoe. Box of Style delivers coveted, name-brand fashion and beauty essentials right to your door every season.Use code SPRING30 for the First Day of Spring Sale to get $30 off + FREE Gift With Purchase (valid 3/19-3/20). Use code SPRING25 for $25 off (valid thru Spring season). Click here to learn more about the Box of Style.
Rebag – How about designer bags 80% off?!
Alala – Going, going, gone. Shop Alala sale items while they’re still around! Alala is a luxury activewear brand with sophisticated styling and a downtown attitude.
This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for the full disclosure statement.