“Vegan & Gluten-Free Recipe for Stokes Purple® Sweet Potato Pie” is the Vegan and Gluten-Free version of Stokes Purple® Sweet Potato Pie recipe by Frieda’s Produce. So this is Frieda’s Produce‘s recipe and cooking directions that I make slight moderations to it to make vegan and gluten-free plus adding my own personal touch.
Also, all the products suggested for this recipe are organic and kosher.
Frieda’s Produce is specialty produce in Los Angeles offering exotic and unique produce. It’s a women-owned business (Frieda was the first woman in the US to own and operate a produce company). Click here for more delicious recipes.
Click here to find out where to buy Stokes Purple® Sweet Potato.
Vegan & Gluten-Free Recipe for Stokes Purple® Sweet Potato Pie
- 1 9-inch frozen, pre-made Gluten-Free pie crust
- 2 – 2.5 baked, peeled and cooled * Stokes Purple® sweet potatoes (5-6 inches long)
- 3/4 cup Whole Foods coconut milk can
- 4 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon of Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/2 cup of monk fruit sweetener
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract or rose water
- 1 cup of coconut whipped cream
- Pecans or walnut, whole or crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake pie crust 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender container or food processor, blend the chopped sweet potatoes, coconut milk, safflower oil, flaxseed, cinnamon, allspice, sea salt, monk fruit sweetener, and vanilla/rosewater until smooth. If too thick to blend, add 1-2 teaspoons coconut milk.
- When the crust is done, increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees. Transfer pie crust to wire rack; carefully pour in filling. Smooth out top with a spatula.
- Put the pie back in the oven and bake 15 minutes.
- Then, decrease the oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- When done, the crust should be barely golden and filling should look set. Remove pie and allow it to cool to room temperature on wire rack. Cover and place in the refrigerator to cool overnight.
- Before serving, allow pie to come to room temperature. Top pie with the whipped cream and any toppings of choice. Slice and serve.
If you want to skip the cooking and cleaning on Thanksgiving, click here for a list of the best Thanksgiving Dinners in Los Angeles.
This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for the full disclosure statement.